Blood and Mud
Ramirez-17 Pattern Mechanized Infantry Unit (Ramirez)
- Unit Designation: 18436.23-Alpha
- Regiment: 118th Cataphractii Mechanized Infantry (active status pending review)
- Magos Legion: Magos Lexmechanicus Orlias Din
- Pattern: Ramirez-17 Pattern Augmetic/Cybernetic Template
- Function: Mechanized Infantry and Fire Support
- Biological Inception: 874.M41
- Forge World of Origin: Lathe-Het, Calixis Sector, Segmentum Obscurus
- Genetic Screening: Within Tolerances
- Intellect Screening: Class-Delta-13, Adept-grade
- Physical Development: Class-Epsilon 11, Military-grade
- Function Designation Upon Maturity: Skitarii Candidate
- Aptitude Designation Upon Maturity: Cataphractus Transport Operator
- Deployment History: File Not Found
It’s a mess down here. We’ve managed to cobble together some new units from the survivors of the last push. I’m a bit concerned about the Tech-guardsman though. These “Skitarii” are bred, trained, and augmented to work in tandem with their Machine Cult brothers, and I’m not sure how well he’ll integrate with the squad. That said, I managed to get at least a partial file on him from a sympathetic Enginseer, heavily redacted of course. I’ve attached it above.
Major Sysiphus, 1111th
Custom Regiment: Skitarii Tech Guard
Skitarii is the Adeptus Mechanicus’ official term for all military forces under its command (except for the Titan Legions). Skitarii are also known as Tech-Guard to outsiders, and the singular form of Skitarii is Skitarius.
Skitarii are often armed with similar equipment to Imperial guard, though this can vary massively based on which Magos, Mechanicus Organisation or Forge World has raised and equipped them. There is little standardisation or central command of Skitarii across the Mechanicus, as each individual regiment is the personal army of a particular Magos. For example, the Skitarii of the Titan Legion Invictus are gene-bulked humans with weaponised limbs and augmetic armour, whereas a different type of Skitarii investigated the dead world of Tarsis Ultra, and were seen to be wearing something similar in both function and design to Terminator armour.
- Hyspasists: These are the basic tech-guard infantry, and are armed with lasguns. They are more augmented than the normal Imperial Guardsman, and may have received emotional-suppression surgery.
- Sagitarii: These are the heavy weapon operatives. These only include dedicated heavy weapons squads, as heavy weapons attached to Hyspasist squads are still called Hyspasists.
- Balisteria: These are the artillery units. The range of artillery goes from Thudd guns to the massive Ordinatus pieces. This includes both the vehicle/machine, as well as the crews manning them.
- Cataphractii: These are the armour units. The range of armour goes from small transports to heavy walkers and superheavy tanks such as Baneblades.
- Praetorians: These are the elite of the Skitarii. They are super-enhanced (bionically/cybernetically/chemically/genetically etc.) humans who are augmented with a huge array of cybernetics and heavy weapons.
- Tribunes: These are the Skitarii officers. Though all Skitarii bow to the authority of Adeptus Mechanicus Magi and Archmagi, these are all personnel of high ranking roles. The Skitarii have low-level leadership roles, and these are filled by the tribunes.
- Master of Skitarii: The commander of a Skitarii brigade.
Forge World: (1pt)
- Skills: Common Lore (tech), Common Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus), Linguistics (Techna Lingua)
- Fit for Purpose: Ballistic Skill +3
- Stranger to the Cult: -10 Imperial Creed, -5 Fellowship with Ecclesiarchy
- Credo Omnissiah: Technical Knock talent.
Commanding Officer: (2pts)
Maverick (at least by typical Imperial standards) (Resistance-Fear)
- Mechanized Infantry (3pts)
- +3 Ag, -3 Pe
- Skills: Operate (Surface)
- Talents: Rapid Reload
- Standard Kit: M36 Lasgun, 4 charge packs, Imperial Guard Flak armour, 2 Frag Grenades, 2 Krak grenades, 1 Chimera armoured transport per squad
- Sharpshooters (4pts)
- Aptitude: Ballistic Skill (Redundant, took Willpower)
- Talents: Deadeye Shot
- Close Order Drill (2pts)
- Talents: Combat Formation
Tech Guard Changes to Stormtrooper:
- Aptitudes: -Fieldcraft, -Agility, +Intelligence, +Tech
- Traits: Mechanicus Implants